Advanced Radiation Protection Training for Industrial Gauge Users
How are your
RADIATION PROTECTION TRAINING
plans shaping up?
Do you have new employees that have been recently promoted and taking on additional radiation protection responsibilities in your company?
Has reorganization, COVID adjustments or downsizing changed their roles?
OUR MOST POPULAR COURSE!
40-Hour Advanced Radiation Protection Training for Industrial Gauge Users
March 27 – 31, 2023 AND October 23 – 27, 2023
at the training center in South Lakeland, FL
(address and directions will be provided to students)
THIS TRAINING COURSE IS IDEAL FOR:
- Individuals whose job requires the supervision of gauge installations, maintenance or service, initial radiation surveys, relocations or removal from service and transportation of any fixed devices containing sealed sources.
- Individuals desiring to be qualified as a Radiation Safety Officer of fixed industrial gauges.
- Individuals requiring refresher training.
Our training courses are accepted by the regulatory agencies to qualify persons to use radioactive materials in your plant.
For those that have taken our 40-hour course in the past, your seat is free if you want a refresher.
There are seats available.
For those wanting to qualify as a RSO for other than fixed gauges, the 24 HOUR course will be held on March 27 – 29, 2023 and October 23 – 25, 2023. This training is for the general use of radioactive materials in multiple use scenarios. Visit https://www.aec-radiation.com/24-hour-radiation-safety-officer-rso-training-2/ for more information.
FEES FOR THE 40 HOUR COURSE:
1 student $2,150 each
2 students from same company $1,900 each
3 students from the same company $1,600 each
4 or more students from the same company $1,400 each
PAYMENT INCLUDES: Registration fee includes 40 hours of instruction, training material, completion certificate, and breakfast & lunch each day of training. Attendee can take a refresher training (as long as they took the same course from AEC) at no cost, provided he or she brings their manual.
Our Spring training class is scheduled for March 27 – 31, 2023. (Registration will begin soon.) If you have any questions on registering for the Spring or Fall sessions, please call 352-215-1231 or email us at email@example.com.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE TRAINING:
- History of Radiation
- Basic Math Review
- Basic Physics Review
- Source of Radiation Exposure
- Characteristics of Radiation
- Emissions of Radiation
- Interactions of Radiation with Matter
- Radiation Biology
- Sources of Dose
- Types of Dose
- Types of Effects
- Exposure Control
- Personnel Monitoring
- Types of Instruments
- Efficiency of Instruments
- Calibrations of Instruments
- Radioactive Materials License
- Dose Reporting
- Dose Calculations
- Sealed Source and Device Registry
- Industrial Gauges
- RSO Responsibilities
- Authorized User Responsibilities
- Radiation Work Permit (RWP)
- Installation of Gauges
- Relocation of Gauges
- Transportation of Gauges
- Transportation of TENORM (Technologically-Enhanced Naturally-Occurring Radioactive Materials)
- Test Review