REGISTRATION IS LIMITED. Contact AEC for more information or reservation status at (352) 215-1231 or email us.
1 student = $2,150.00
Join AEC for the 40-hour Advanced Radiation Protection Training for industrial gauge users.
PAYMENT INCLUDES: Registration fee includes 40 hours of instruction, training material, completion certificate, and breakfast & lunch each day of training. Attendee can take a refresher training (the same course) at no cost, provided he or she brings the provided manual.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Individuals who perform installations, maintenance or service, initial radiation surveys, relocations or removal from service of any sealed sources in fixed devices.
- Individuals desiring to learn more about being an effective Radiation Safety Officer.
- Individuals who have recently assumed duties of the Radiation Safety Officer.
- Individuals requiring refresher training.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE TRAINING:
- History of Radiation
- Basic Math Review
- Basic Physics Review
- Source of Radiation Exposure
- Characteristics of Radiation
- Emissions of Radiation
- Interactions of Radiation with Matter
- Radiation Biology
- Sources of Dose
- Types of Dose
- Types of Effects
- Exposure Control
- Personnel Monitoring
- Types of Instruments
- Efficiency of Instruments
- Calibrations of Instruments
- Radioactive Materials License
- Dose Reporting
- Dose Calculations
- Sealed Source and Device Registry
- Industrial Gauges
- RSO Responsibilities
- Authorized User Responsibilities
- Radiation Work Permit (RWP)
- Installation of Gauges
- Relocation of Gauges
- Transportation of Gauges
- Transportation of TENORM (Technologically-Enhanced Naturally-Occurring Radioactive Materials)
- Test Review